Friday, March 26, 2010

Daddy's Girl and the Kitchen

It is no secret that Emma is a daddy's girl. She lights up when he comes home and sits with at night before she goes to bed-however, I am the one that takes her and puts her in bed. I caught this video of them playing last night while I was making dinner. I know it is a little dark. If you listen closely one time she says "tickle you"...I think she might have the definition of tickle a little wrong! More like "body slam you"


Feel free to skip over this next part. I want to take some pictures of our house as I am getting it situated. That way when I make some changes I will be able to see how far it has come. Plus, someday I have hopes to make the blog into a book and what to remember this stage. We were very lucky to find a house that was basically move in ready and we will make the cosmetic changes as we go-as we get the money!

One side of the kitchen. I love that the cabinet go to the ceiling. It is like I don't know what to do with all of that storage space-so different than our last house.
The other side of the kitchen and our new fridge. I really like our fridge-it is nothing too special but it is the first new appliance we have bought so it is kinda special (our other appliances came with our house and we left them with the house)
This is probably my favorite part of the kitchen. I really want to make a habit of eating at the table so we can talk to each other more. At our old house we had a eat in area but it was very tight and most of the time we ended up eating in front of the TV. So far this week we have been good about sitting down at the table. As a child, I can remember sitting down at the table to eat as a family and it is a fond memory I have so I want to continue that.
Off of the kitchen we have the area where the door from the carport leads in and the laundry area. Now this was a huge change for me. I had a large laundry room at my old house and had lots of shelves to store things in that room. Now we have hampers in our rooms that I will bring to this area when I do the laundry. I know it won't be bad, just a change I will get used to!
I was happy to find a little spot for this coat hook thing that I have had for a long time. I never found a place for it at the old house and I think it works pretty good right here. We have a coat closet but it is up by the front door and right now we haven't been using that door very much. It might have something to do with the fact that all of the yet to be unpacked boxes are sitting in the room right off the entry hall!

I really don't know what room/rooms I might show next...the rest all still have boxes but maybe I will make some headway on that this weekend.

1 comment:

Wendy Ray said...

Love seeing the house - it's great! I totally agree with you about "sit down" dinners. A month or so ago, I made Jacob dinner and he grabbed his plate and said, "I want to take it to the den!" That's when I knew we were forming bad habits! Hee..hee...