Monday, March 22, 2010

The Move

We Moved!!! The weather totally cooperated this weekend and we were able to move all of our stuff into our new house-good thing b/c we had to be out of the old house by 5 on Sunday night! We are still living out of boxes but all of our stuff is under one roof. I am posting some pictures that my sister took on Friday. This was before most of the stuff got there. I will try and take some more pictures this week as I am getting things set up. The house was move in ready. There are some cosmetic changes I want to make but it is nothing that has to be done immediately.
This is how Emma was able to watch her Barney on Saturday morning. Emma and I ventured over to the new house around 7:30ish to meet the Directv guy-b/c you know it is very important to have your TV installed, especially during March Madness!

The eating portion of the kitchen. Bradley ordered a new light fixture to go over the table. I can't wait to see it!
This is a dressing area outside of the master bathroom. My closet is in this area. I can't tell you how excited I am to have my closet in my bedroom! At the old house it was in the guest room.
Formal Living Room/Dining Room-I don't have any furniture for this room yet. Right now it is storing our boxes.
Kitchen- I love my cabinet space-so much more than the last house
Now my favorite part-the outside! We have a sunroom and screened in porch on the back of the house.
Inside the porch is one of my new favorite pieces of furniture. Stan and I worked on redoing this piece last week. This used to be a light brown bamboo type table and chairs. He painted the chairs and table and I recovered the seats. I think it turned out really great!

5 comments:

The Granthams said...

The new house looks great! And that pool will be sooo nice in the hot Memphis summers!

Tiffany Lockette said...

How nice to be in a new home. That porch and pool look divine. Just make sure you put up a fence around the pool if you can. Pools are so scary with little ones around. Congrats on the new house.

Wendy Ray said...

Love the new house! You and Stand did a great job on the table and chairs. Congratulations!

Julie said...

Beautiful house. How exciting! I hope all the moving in and unboxing goes well. I know how hard that is with a little one!

Michael & Ashley said...

Your new house is great! I love the outdoor rooms- just in time for great weather! Enjoy!