We ventured up to the lake for the first time this summer. I can't believe we haven't made it before now but we couldn't have asked for a more perfect weekend. The weather was beautiful and we enjoyed spending the time with family and friends!
We got there early enough on Friday to take Emma out on the ski boat and see how she would do in the water this year. She is doing great in the pool but that is with her floaties and we wanted to see what she thought about her new life jacket...she graduated (exceeded the weight limit) out of the infant jacket and Honey and Granddaddy had gotten her a toddler one for her birthday. I really wasn't sure about how she was going to do on the ski boat. We spent all last summer on the pontoon and she hadn't been on the ski boat since she was about 3 months old when we went to Hot August Blues. She did great and kept yelling "faster"!


When we weren't out on the water this weekend Emma LOVED playing with this drum set. I am so glad I don't have to have one of these at my house and she can enjoy it at the lake!


Saturday we spent the day on the water swimming, traveling to dinner and watching fireworks. Emma really seemed to enjoy the fireworks (this was her first time to see them) and she loved telling us the colors. When I put her to bed on Saturday night she even told me "fireworks not hurt you". I guess I told her this a lot so she wouldn't be scared!


We went over to Larry and Kathy's for dinner on Sunday night to cookout. Emma really enjoyed playing with Jacob-they got into everything-blocks, instruments, dog toys-you name it! We ended up driving the golf cart down to a neighbor's yard to watch the fireworks that night and it worked out really well.

I hope you and your family had a great weekend! We are so thankful for the freedom that we have and for the men and women that fight for our country!


No comments:
Post a Comment