I tried the Honey Sesame Chicken one week night. I will go ahead and admit we really love this Kung Pao Chicken kit I get at the grocery, so the recipe has to be decent to take the place of the Kung Pao. Now we will still get the kit sometimes but I am happy to put the Honey Sesame into the rotation! Want to know the best thing about this recipe? It was done in the crock pot. I love a good crock pot recipe that is basically ready when you get home in the afternoon.
Next up...French Dip Crescents! I think I could make these once a week and my husband would be a happy man. I didn't even have to make the Au Jus because he prefers mustard. I made these Super Bowl night and they were great! They would also make a good party food because they are easy to make and just the right size for people to pick up and eat. I can easily see myself making these babies during football season. My one suggestion-I got the deli department to slice the rarest roast beef they had because it does cook in the oven. My roast beef was rare before I put it in there and there was barely a hint of pink when I took it out.
I made a chicken and mushroom dish this past week that didn't pass the test. The sauce just didn't have enough flavor for us. It was a white wine based sauce and it just didn't work out. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. It was edible just not on the menu again.
What's on the menu this week: Spaghetti, Artichoke Chicken with Rice and Chicken Pillows. We have some plans this week so we will be eating out some. The chicken pillows is the new recipe that I am trying.



No comments:
Post a Comment