Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Living Room Redo

While our Living Room is still a work in progress, I still wanted to show off the recent work that we have done.  We had a pretty blank slate to start with-if you can dark paneling a blank slate!  The carpet is in great shape in the living room so we decided to keep it.  Especially with little ones crawling and rolling around all the time the carpet serves us well right now. 

Before



After
I will say that Bradley did 90% of the work.  I helped with some of the painting but he really did most of it.  He did all of the trim painting and changed out all the receptacles and switches. 
I think the color helps open up the room.  I am still on the look out for one of those extra large ottomans to put in the room.  I also need something for the windows-I am thinking bamboo-ish type roll shades.  Eventually the fan will be replaced or painted.  I have a thing for fans in that I love having them in my rooms for the air circulation but I think white fans are less noticeable.  Something has to be done on the mantle-right now it is just catching junk.  I like the mirror but I think I will paint the trim once I get my final color scheme down-I am thinking the trim will be an accent color to the room.  Right now we are going with old furniture and color scheme.  I still have some blank walls and need a large basket for those blankets on the floor but all of that stuff will come with time.




On to our next project...I think we are building out the closets this weekend.

3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Wow~ the paint makes such a huge difference!! I love how your living room is coming together!! I hope you are doing well :)

Erin said...

Looks like a completely different room. Nice job. Steve and I got one of those big ottoman coffeetable thingys at American Signature Furniture for $200. It was a steal! It even opens for storage. Now, I dont have to worry about James smashing his face open like I did with our old glass tables. I just need to worry about him smacking his head on the hardwood. Ugh!

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen the new room painted yet! It looks good!
-Carly